Argh! My kinky pirates live to see another day! Yay!

Fated: Blood and Redemption (Baal's Heart Book 3) - Bey Deckard, Starr Waddell

Um...I hated it. j/k
It had all the things. Loved it. One of my faves for the year.

GROUP REVIEW with a couple of unicorns:

Nearly a year ago, I got to meet Bey Deckard's pirates, Jon, Tom and Baltsaros. These three men were damaged, cutthroat, vulnerable, sexy and had one hell of a story to tell. The story telling was vivid, the quality was superb. Book #1, Caged cemented itself on my 2014 favorites list. I wouldn't shut up about it. Blabbed to everyone to read this book and if you haven't, seriously read this book. I felt like I got my deepest wish -I'm a bit of a pirate geek. And I never frown upon the kink. Then Book #2, Sacrificed dropped later last year, and I actually read it. (I'm not one for gobbling a series so soon these days unless I'm impressed) I came to care for these men-they were fucked up, fantasy personified, they were gritty and flawed...couldn't help being drawn to them. And now finally, the end of the trilogy..."Fated".

I had high hopes for this one. I listed things that I wanted in this book in my previous reviews: Tom, kink, more adventure and Tom. And I got them all!!

"Their relationship would continue to grow, to change. There would always be pain, and they would be tested... Their triad had the shakiest of foundations, based as it was on mistrust, jealousy, and deception. But ships didn't need pillars pounded into the earth; no, they needed strong, protective hulls that could carry them over the ever-changing waves of an uncaring sea. With trust, hope... love--all things they had builttogether--they could weather anything."

I didn't think it was more possible to care for these three pirates but I did after reading "Fated". Each book in this series is my favorite but for different reasons. Possible trigger warning: rape, violence.

"Fated" starts where "Sacrificed" left off, Baltsaros damaged and in need of serious TLC, Jon &Tom trying to come to terms with the changes. Their triad formed in "Caged", their foundation was built in "Sacrificed" and in "Fated"? They were tested, by each other and outside forces. But their bond was solid. (Though I'll admit to being nervous about a certain character who'll be getting their own book in the future making the triad a quadouple!) There was more action of the pirating kind. We got to truly learn the backgrounds of Tom and Baltsaros- what made them tick, what shaped them into the men they became to be. This was Baltsaros' book - we get to travel to his homeland, learn his secrets but Tom and Jon were not forgotten. They provided laughs, heart and sex.

My favorite quote (I laughed so hard and still am):

"I'm gonna ask ye ladies a question, and I bloody expect to be answered," he growled. "Who's the scoundrel been doin' some unwanted rootin' of yer cunts for pay?"

You know what this author delivers really well? The painting a scene...I swear I smelled their smells, I saw what they saw in just a few words. The flashbacks helped provide background and set the tone for the book. Comparing the throuple in Caged to Fated, they evolved.  That is key for making a triad work for me, I need a solid bond - don't give me perfect, I don't need to read hearts and flowers and I want each person to maintain their sense of self. And the dark intertwined with story was pretty well done - glad it didn't fluff it up and stayed true to the men.

Know what else I enjoyed? The sex. Holy cock rings, Batman was that hot. ;P DP and rope bondage? Yes please. Oh! Oh! Oh! And I got two scenes besides ropes and toys that I really, really wanted more of. Hint: the not so usual bottom. I am a happy lady pirate!

I don't want to spoil because if you're reading this, you're probably down with the pirates and want to know what happens in the final showdown. There is pirate action: some thievery, battling on the sea. We get to visit favorite places.  It ends with HEA (for a minute, I was nervous we weren't going to get that). I'm so honored to have read this series and I am soooooooooooo happy about the new development. I have questions about that. I'm going to make a list. But I definitely recommend this series. This author is dope and worth a peek or three - definitely one of my great finds in 2014.

So now I go through pirate withdrawal because getting over one of my favorites of 2015 is tough.

A copy provided for an honest review.