Better Than New

Better Than New - Charley Descoteaux

Aw yeah...4.5 STARS!

Why this story is dope:

1. The fact that the author rocked the hell out of the prompt.
Rocked.
The.
Fuck.
Out.
Of.
It.

Down to the little smirks.

Loved her style.

2. Did you see the picture attached to this prompt?

Holy shit balls! I wanna do unholy things to that guy. I don't care for smokers but...him? Oh yeah!

3. These quotes:

“I’m serious. I don’t even like guys all that much and I wouldn’t kick you out of bed for getting crumbs in the sheets. Wavy auburn hair, hazel eyes, flawless porcelain skin― low on the asshole scale― what’s not to like? You’re laughing, but I’m serious.”

AND

“You shouldn’t do that either. It’s bad for my health.”

“I’m not doing anything.”

“Yes, you are. You’re flirting with me. I’ve seen you look up through your lashes like that at all the cute queer boys.”

He stepped away and leaned against the side of the building. He even looked up the street, the nearly empty street, like it was the most interesting thing he’d ever seen.

“But that’s different.”

“How?”

“Because you’re different. Different than all of them.”

AND

“I thought a lot of things. Mostly, about what I’d do once you said the magic word: graduation.”

4. Like it's not a major thing but two of my most favorite fucking main character names are the MC's names in this book. Both of them. And the last time both names were used as MC's...I fucking ate the story up. Coincidence? I think not.

5. Er...I dunno if you caught my hint in #3 but there's a ginge MC. So like...I dig gingers. And uh, yeah...

6. The writing is top fucking notch. The story line is sweet but not sticky but just has the right amount of everything. Some feelz, some adorbz, some reality swirl, great dialogue, some smexy. I love plots like this. The entire I dug you, you didn't know I dug you, you might not think you're hot but I think you are and we're friends type of deal. Plus a MC with a disability that didn't make it all about the disability.

*happy sigh* Done right.

Two Thumbs Up!

P.S. Title is dope as hell too. Gotta check for more from this author.

Most def.

Thanks to the author for this story!! ;D