(Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1)

(Watch Me) Break You (Run This Town, #1) - Avril Ashton 4.5 HEARTS--What I'd really like to do is yell at you. Yell at you about this book and why it is deliciously filthy and does not care what you think about it. But I can't do that.

How can you not sing this song with the title and setting? Impossible!

This book hits a LOT of my FUCK YES buttons: kinky, interracial romance, crime, blood, cumeating, raunchiness, Russians, Jamaicans, crazy, possessive main characters that will do anything to get their man back, NYC (that's right - there's more to NYC than Manhattan), rimming, tons of stuff!

Give me a criminal any day in my romance! Glorious. It was smutty and fantab. If I had to describe this book take Avril's Brooklyn Sinners series and [b:Mine|13455726|Mine|Mary Calmes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328577294s/13455726.jpg|18984209] by Mary Calmes, let them mate and turn up the intensity, so much that you might need to buy ice for your pants. That's "(Watch Me) Break You"in a nutshell.

Dima is the Russian head of a gang he didn't want but has to run in Brooklyn. He has people trying to kill him from different factions, a rival gang trying to take over his turf and he can't be with the one he wants because he left him. All the alcohol, drugs and orgies can't help fill the emptiness inside him. Until he sets his eye on Xavier/ X whipping another submissive in mid scene at BDSM club. Dima gets what he wants, any means necessary. And this starts the twisty, roller coaster ride of stalk, pain, wild sex, possessiveness and violence.

What a ride!

Is it for everyone? NO! Read the blurb, heed the warning. There are non-con moments. Let me add one more too, if you're a BDSM stickler, this might not be one for you. There is BDSM practiced but it's not textbook or filled with contracts/ negotiations. Kinky? Oh yes, this was. What to expect? Well someone loves the pain - whips, belts, breath play, gun play, dildos and butt plug to name a few. The gangsters are street, not the smooth nice guys. You're getting a loose trigger with Dima and X

X hides who he is from Dima, the lies and the violence keeps piling up. And the boys get pretty cray-cray over one another. The crazy things we do out of love, huh?

Sometimes it read more like a drama or a script instead of real life characters. The main characters did repeat their sentiments a lot for emphasis but I got the point the first time. And even I questioned one SM scene between X and Dima, you shouldn't practice while in anger. But those two are so damn twisted, I won't harp on it. This author can rock a sex scene, there's no denying that. I still have wafts of steam rising from my body. There is some action, more criminal activity and sometimes the reality suspension button had to be pushed.

Is it dark? I've read some pretty sick and dark things, so my scale might be warped compared to yours. On a scale for 1-5, 1 being the lowest and 5 is the things that will leave your soul scarred, this book is a 3. It's more stalking/crazed/sadistic than dark to me. There are guessable plot twists but you know what, the book is serious hot. If you don't look to deeply and let the flames embrace you from the hotness that is X and Dima, you have one entertaining read.

The story ends with a HEA, where at one point I seriously did not see happening. But it is Avril Ashton, she likes making her boys work from their happy ending. (BK Sinners fans we get a little visit from a Sinners couple!)

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK, THE BLURB AT THE END HAS ONLY WHET MY APPETITE FOR MORE!!!!! I will probably need to read it in a freezer with the fire this author's writing can produce.

A copy provided for an honest review.